Susan Eisen Fine Jewelry and Watches was founded by Susan Eisen in El Paso more than 30 years ago. She is the only Master Gemologist Appraiser® ASA in El Paso (one of only four in Texas and one of 44 in the United States as of January 2014), a credential earned from the American Society of Appraisers.
She specializes in diamond replacement and resetting, jewelry and art appraising for various functions, jewelry redesign, coin appraisals, and watch repair and refurbishment. More information regarding the services offered at Susan Eisen Fine Jewelry and Watches can be found by clicking on the links in the sidebar on the left of this page.
Eisen has been a frequent winner of El Paso's What's Up magazine's "Best Bling,” as well as the Small Business Association's Small Businessperson of the Year.
- Redeisgn: Recyle Your Jewelry by taking existing jewelry, such as wedding rings and family heirlooms, and redesigning the piece into something new
- Makeover: Turn a pendant, necklace, earrings, and/or rings into new pieces of jewelry. Turn a ring into a pendant; an old pair of earrings into a new ring!
- Custom Designs: Want a ring, necklace, pair of earrings, or other piece of jewelry that is 100% original? We can work with you to design a piece that is comletely your own and one-of-a-kind.
- Clean & Repair: Bring in your most used and cherished jewelry to be cleaned, repaired, or stones remounted and have them looking like the day you purchased them.
- IRS Estate Tax: Estates worth over $5,000,000 involving taxes owed on fine jewelry and art.
- IRS Gift Tax: Determining charitable donation deductions.
- Charitable Donations: Valuation of charitable gifts of jewelry and art given to organizations in lieu of cash.
- Heir Distribution & Estate Inventory: Valuation of jewelry and art for equitable distribution & inventory.
- Divorce: Value of existing jewelry and art inventory in a couple's community estate.
- Liquidation: Established forced and orderly liquidation values for various purposes.
- Collateral: Pre-loan valuation to justify loan limits.
- Investment Gemstones: Confirmation of values implied in gemstone purchases made by mail-order from investment companies not in the jewelry retail business.
- Appraisal Review: Reviewing current & previous appraisals done by others and used by consumers for various reasons.
Barter: Valuation of jewelry and art items traded in a transaction.
Gem Identification: Determination of gemstone type and quality.
Inventory History: Assistance in establishing a method to keep information on jewelry and art including purchase price, historical data, provenance, and proposed heirs.
Jewelry & Art Estate Planning: Assisting in the equitable distribution to heirs of family jewelry before or after death.
Jewelry & Art & Diamond Liquidation Options: Finding the most lucrative way to liquidate jewelry and diamonds including outright sale, consignment, auction, or brokerage.
Jewelry & Art Maintenance: Recommendations regarding purchase, variety, care, storage, and usage of jewelry and art.
Jewelry & Art Recycling: Consultation regarding optimally redesigning older, non-desired jewelry and art into fresh, updated designs.
Jewelry & Art Restoration: Using modern day methods to restore antique & period jewelry and art to its original condition.
Quality of Manufactured Jewelry & Art: Assessing the quality of custom made or manufactured jewelry and art.
- Insurance Coverage: Valuation required for personal articles floater.
- Insurance Fraud: Confirmation of appraised value for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Moving & Freight Losses: Evaluation of losses or damages occurring during moving or shipping of jewelry and art with private companies including UPS, Federal Express, or USPO.
- Confiscated Goods: Fair market value of goods legally confiscated by governmental law enforcement agencies.
- Import Duties & Taxes: Evaluation for determination of import and export duties.
- Jewelry & Art Theft Investigation: Expertise in consultations with investigative agencies including government, insurance providers, private corporations & non-profit organizations for positive identification of stolen jewelry and art.
- Consumer Fraud: Verification of post sale value, price, quality, and gemstone identification.
- Product Liability, Standards, and Craftmanship: Evaluation of methods and quality of jewelry and art construction and fabrication.
- Bankruptcy: Valuation of jewelry and art owned by parties declaring bankruptcy.
- Museum Collections: Recommendations regarding acquisitions, case displays, security, and liquidation of jewelry and art gifts and existing jewelry and art collections.
- US Marshall Service
- International Revenue Service
- Weststar Bank Trust Department
- Major El Paso Law Firms
- Certified Sals Associate Course, "Precious Metals", American Gem Society
- Certified Sales Associate Course, "Karatage", American Gem Society (national course for jewelry associates containing advanced product knowledge), 1995.
- "Closed Circuit TV...Not Just for Security", Jeweler's Circular Keystone Magazine, 1995.
- "Should Your Customer Know if it's a Used Diamond?", Jeweler's Circular Keystone Magazine, December, 1995.
- "Are Your Appraisals Taxable?", ASA Personal Property Journal, Summer, 1995.
- Federal Trade Commission "Guides for The Jewelry Industry", Federal Register, 1996, 2005, 2012
- "Buying Jewelry", Council of Better Business Bureaus (national pamphlet for consumers to be distributed nationwide to all BBBs), 1998.
- "Crazy About Jewelry! The Expert Guide to Buying, Selling, and Caring for Your Jewelry!" by Susan Eisen, MGA, ASA, GG, ISA, CGA, book, 2007. Full Circle Publishing.
- "What You Should Know Before You Buy Gems, Jewelry and Watches Overseas: A Guide For the Military Being Deployed," by Susan Eisen, MGA, ASA, GG, ISA, CGA, brochure, 2009.
- "The Myth of the Million Dollar Dish-Rag: An Effective and Powerful Plan to Avoid a Family Inheritance Battle After You Die," by Susan Eisen, GG, ASA, MGA, CGA, 2011. Full Circle Publishing.
- Committee Member & Officer, International Gems & Jewelry Committee, American Society of Appraisers
- Member, National Ethics Committee
- Member, National Education Committee
- Chair, National Consumer Education Sub Committee, American Gem Society
- National Board of Directors, Council of Better Business Bureaus
- National Retail Advisor Focus Group, Gem Magazine
- Member, National Board of Directors, Jewelers Vigilance Committee
- National Panelist, "Ethics", American Gem Society Conclave, Dallas
- National Panelist, "A Jeweler's Forum: Everything Some People Don't Want To Know about Honesty", Jeweler's Circular Keystone Magazine, Jewelry Expo, Las Vegas
- Seminar Instructor, Manufacturing Jewelers and Silversmiths of America Expo, "Repairing Costume Jewelry", Providence
- Seminar Speaker, "Knowing Your Customers", National Jeweler Magazine Jewelry Expo, Las Vegas.
- Seminar Speaker, "Designer Jewelry - On the Road to Success", JCK International Show, Las Vegas.